Crimson Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brawl Clan

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
War with Charged Brigade 08/27/10 at 9:00PM EST! Please make sure to attend!

Guide: Lucas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MG i.e. Black luigi

MG i.e. Black luigi

Guide: Lucas Empty
PostSubject: Guide: Lucas   Guide: Lucas EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:39 pm

Lucas

Things you should be aware of when using Lucas:
1. Low traction
2. medium weight
3. suprisingly, deals quite a bit of damage
4. short
5. Low reach, and most of his long reach attacks are slow
6. When playing item battles, his PK moves move at normal speed
7. He has a tether grab
8. Many of his attack have deceptive reach
9. low teir, this means many underestimate him
10. his power comes from his air ability
11. similiar to ness, yet quite different

Lucas's special moves:
Smash: PK fire
Standard: PK freeze
Upward: PK thunder
Downward: PSI magnet

Lucas's Final Smash: PK starstorm

Throw:
1. tether grab
2. you get too close you can miss
3. slow execution of the throw
4. he uses his hexagons to throw you, dealing damage

Lucas's smash attacks :

Usmash: Lucas crouches down, charges, and releases a huge blast of PSI above his head. Slow attack, yet, one of the most powerful vertical launchers in the game, the burst of the hexagon after the attack leaves and aura of electricity still viable for hitting you.

Fsmash: Lucas takes out a stick and strikes forward with it like a bat. This attack is quick, and doesn't have too long of a recoil time. Can be used to relfect projectiles, and it's a good launcher. Has deceptive range.

Dsmash: Lucas fires multiple shots of PSI at the ground. Slow attack, but very powerful, has multiple hits. The blasts are as big as he is, so, this attack has great reach. This attack is great for those pesky edge monkeys, just make sure you know where to fire it.

Dash attack: Lucas pulls his arm and chops forward with PSI. great verticle launcher, and you can't fight with lucas with your aerialnot alowwed.(your aerial attacks don't work as well on characters his size.

Lucas's basic attacks:
Jab: A basic kick. If people get in the habit of appering hit behind you, this attack pulls them to in front of you (mostly because the attack starts behind you) and they can still be launched by the final hit

Utilt: Lucas does a quick Flip, and using his mind he realses PSI when he is compleely upside down. One of his quickest attacks, and, depending on when and where it hits, it either does a small bit of launching, or sends them quite high, make sure you hit with the earliest part of the kick

Ftilt: Lucas does a PSI charged backhand. Quick attack and good for getting people up out your grill. not as powerful a launcher as the smash form, but it's still great punishment since they went and got close.

DTilt - Lucas crouches and sweeps your feet. This attack can be used multiple times in a row to immobilize your opponents until they trip, leaving them open for a hit with your Fsmash.

Lucas's aerial attacks:

Uair- Lucas releases a large burst of energey from his head. Quick attack, with more range than you'd realize. Lucas can use this attack to string together with others

Nair: Lucas sends out PSI from the center of his body and rolls like a wheel midair: Great attack, scores multiple hits, and the last hit launches, a lengthy attack.

Bair: Lucas does a flip trailing PSI through the air. Slow attack, but has wide range(wide, not long), the meteor smash at the end of it is quite powerful, and great for a KO, if you can master it.

Dair: Lucas kicks downward multiple times with PSI charged kicks. Slowish attack, but posses little launch power, except for the meteor smash on the last kick. the kicks ussually draw your oponent upward. Where you hit matter a lot with lucas, master this attack and you'll go places.

Fair: Lucas focuses PSI and uses it to add burst to his kick. This is a quick attack with low launch power, it has decent launching power, and great for keeping people from returning to the board. If lucas moves after launching the attack, he leaves the Hexagon where the tip of his foot was and moves away from it, you can still be hit y the attack as long as his leg is extended.

Hey, still reading? well, bear with me, there is much more to go over until the meat of the post. I will however, only explain the special attacks in depth, to ease up on tediousness.

PK fire:
1. ranged
2. burns toward target instead of in a vertical pillar of flame like Ness's does
3. goes sideways always
4. sets off fire crates
5. can damage multiple opponents if they were in the same place when the fire hit
6. starts out as a yellow zigzag - don't touch.
7.longer range than ness
8. Pushes you back a little when fired, allowing for magnification of your momentum
Best: When used to hold something back
Worst: when used against a reflective object or a PSI magnet

PK Thunder:
1. passes through opponents scoring multiple hits
2. when hit with it Lucas hits multiple targets going in a straight line, and brings those targets with him until he finishes moving and the targets blast off.
3. after being hit with thunder Lucas can be stopped by an energy (fire, electricity, PK, aura etc.) attack
4.moves slower than that of Ness, but it easier to control(can move in tighter spiral)
5. if Lucas flies off an edge after being hit by thunder he won't be able to get back up unless he is really close
Best:when used to recover
Worst:when used to recover and your aim is off

PSI magnet:
1. not centered on body like Ness's is
2. If the special move button is realeased while the magnet is centered on an opponent, it will electrocute them and blast them pleasingly far
3. absorbs Aura,Fire,PK,Energy,electricity, and water
4. in front of body, and makes lucas imoblie while executing; not for children
5. Does messy things with his air momentum, use of the magnet midair is great to stay alive and to look cool
Best: against people who excessively use energy attacks
Worst: chars with long reach

PK freeze
1. freezes opponent in ice
2. can be controlled to a point
3. freezes only as it starts to arch
4. if timed correctly can freeze airborne opponents
5. can freeze multiple targets
6. since it is controlled, the after effects of PK freeze on you are the same as PK thunder
Best: when opponent is baried or sleeping
Worst: against exceedingly quick opponents

PK starstorm:
1. rains a barrage of orange stars on the board
2. more effective on small stages
3. ussually puts enemy damage in the hundreds
4. near impossible to dodge if enemy is airborne
5. stars rain down then come down again in a slightly more collected barrage(spread out, then they are bunched together near an emeny)
Best: when opponents don't dodge the first star
Worst: flat stages with a lot of room to move

Tech one(advanced tech): Zap jump
To perform a zap jump, you must be able to use your double jump. To use this technique you must use Pk fire almost immediately after using the second jump( pk fire must be executed within the second frame of the double jump). If done correctly, your second jump will bring you twice as high, in addition to making your opponent's head(s) explode. A handy recovery technique if you can master it
( and an awesome alternative to PK thunder in lag envioronments)

Tech Two: Magnet Pull
use this midair after using PK fire, makes for great return to the board , especially since the higher up you are, the less likely you are to get destoyed on an edge. Just use the magnet as soon as you have executed PK fire.

Combo one (Air lock): Similiarly to a jab lock combo, the victim must start prone to the ground. Full jump and just as you get out of range, use your Dair,you will pull them up with you, then meteor smash them into the ground, immediately plummet back to the ground and reapeat as needed. I they fall out of the combo, they should already be at a damage level where you can easily finish them.

Combo two: this combo works best at low-medium damage levels. Running smash, jump and hit them with meteor smash end of thunder kick, follow them down quickly and use Nair, touch the ground then finish with Utitl, Uair, or Fair.

Strategy 1: Get build up their damage then get them off the side of the board. Use of your PK fire and Dash attack in conjunction with one another is great here, also remember that with Lucas' low traction, he slides after using Usmash while running, use U smash and Dsmash to keep people off the board and it's edges

Strategy 2: Go all out at them from the air. use the meteor smash capability of both your Bair and your Dair to either KO them, or set up for a hit with your Fsmash wich sends them back into the air. make sure you can use you Nair correctly, because it will set you up forlaunching power it won't give on it's own. You want them to try and bring the fight to the ground, and it's your job not to let that happen, just remember: you can't jump again after using PK freeze midair

This guide is nowhere near finished, but no one has all the time in the world.
Everyone's favorite black man in green out.

Last edited by MG i.e. Black luigi on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:29 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : Now, only edits when I have something that needs it be added)
Back to top Go down
http://thedeadfeelnosuffering.webs.com/
Shadowken42
Admin
Shadowken42

PostSubject: Re: Guide: Lucas   Guide: Lucas EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 6:53 pm

Very nice! I look forward to seeing the other characters as well. (If you even decide to make them lol)
Back to top Go down
http://www.shadowken42.webs.com
Motherbound

Motherbound

PostSubject: Re: Guide: Lucas   Guide: Lucas EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 7:31 pm

There is also the pk fire and psi magnet zap thing i forget the name nor know the exact. Ness has this technique as well but it is infinately more useful as Lucas

Try creating a custom control scheme and making the C-stick (default is a smash). And make it the Specials (aka B moves)

You will notice that if you jump and do pk fire led by psi magnet in the air, that you can cover huge horizontal recovery without the use of a pk thunder. I suggested doing the B-sticking at first so you see what you are supposed to do. It does not need to be done with a C-stick however.
Back to top Go down
http://motherbound.chatango.com
MG i.e. Black luigi

MG i.e. Black luigi

PostSubject: Re: Guide: Lucas   Guide: Lucas EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 8:35 pm

I noticed something, Ness is easier to use once you have mastered Lucas. I used to think Ness sucked (though he did in Melee) but, now he's good.
Back to top Go down
Motherbound

Motherbound

PostSubject: Re: Guide: Lucas   Guide: Lucas EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 11:02 pm

Ness is one of the worst characters in melee for the most obvious reasons. He was definately given a lot since then, sadly not completely enough. However he is slightly better than Lucas in my eyes if you get pro with them.
Back to top Go down
http://motherbound.chatango.com
MG i.e. Black luigi

MG i.e. Black luigi

PostSubject: Re: Guide: Lucas   Guide: Lucas EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:45 pm

Last edited by MG i.e. Black luigi on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:24 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Combos 1-3 revised)
Back to top Go down
MG i.e. Black luigi

MG i.e. Black luigi

PostSubject: Re: Guide: Lucas   Guide: Lucas EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 10:49 pm

Last edited by MG i.e. Black luigi on Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Rethought of the guides, this one will likely be redone by weeks end.)
Back to top Go down
sonicguy3

sonicguy3

PostSubject: Re: Guide: Lucas   Guide: Lucas EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:14 am

nice guide dude and lucas is a very sad little guy hes actually way tougher than other characters in brawl but he underestimated way to much
Back to top Go down
TarrenSky

TarrenSky

PostSubject: Re: Guide: Lucas   Guide: Lucas EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:22 pm

I really like this guide! I hope to see the finished version soon (as I main Lucas). Lucas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide: Lucas   Guide: Lucas Empty

Back to top Go down

Guide: Lucas
Page 1 of 1